Wednesday, March 29, 2006

The Letter

First off, you gotta be able to understand some of the back story about life at my house on Wednesday mornings. You see, Bailey, my daughter lives with her mom but stays with us every Tuesday. Normally, she would ride the bus to school, but we live in town whereas they live out in teh county. There are no county busses so I have t take her to school. We usually run late but make it by the skin of our teeth just about every time. A typical Wednesday morning goes sort of like this:

Wake up at 6:15 am.
Hit the snooze once or twice.
Go get Carter, bring him to momma.
Go wake up Bailey.
Go pee.
Go wake up Bailey again.
Go pick out what I will wear to work.
Yell at Bailey.
Go drag bailey out of bed.
Help Bailey make her bed.
Go shave.
Go shower.
Check-in on Bailey
Iron.
Get dressed.
Check-in on Bailey again.
Make Bailey breakfast.
Yell at Bailey again.
Clean the cat box.
Get all the trash together for pick-up.
Help Bailey put her shoes on.
Get Bailey's lunch box ready.
Make some coffee.
Look furiously for a pop-tart for me.
Look furiously for my watch, wallet and hat.
Give momma, Carter and Peanut kisses.
Burst out the door.
Feed the dogs.
Drag the trash can over to the street.
Buckle Bailey in the truck.
Squeal furiously out of the driveway.
Drive 10 miles out to Bailey's school.
Backtrack 10 miles to get to the highway to get to work.


All while I'm doing this, I have to be super-quiet 'cuz Angie will yell at me if Carter wakes up after his lactation feeding. So on Wednesday's the mornings can become pretty hectic. You think? So on any normal Wednesday morning I yell at Bailey to hurry up and get her hair brushed, brush her teeth, eat breakfast, etc. at least 5 times. This morning, on my way down the hall, I passed Bailey's room and she was acting all weird and she ran out and tugged on my jacket pocket and I just dismissed it and said let's boogie! So here I am setting at work and I leave my jacket on because it is 10 degrees in my office and I reach into my pocket and there was a piece of paper in it. It was a letter from Bailey. (Aunt June - If you have a tough time reading it, you can click on it and it will get larger). It makes me feel bad that here I am yelling at her to get ready and she is sneaking around to make me a gift. Once again, I have the best family in the world!


Decifered: I love my Dad and he loves me too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home