Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Giggle & Bits


Often times when 5:30 o'clock cometh and I pull into the driveway I am met at the door, coffee mug in hand, by Angie and Carter. Not for a, "Hey honey, we missed you." or even a hello hug and kiss. No. Not those types of things at all. Normally it is a "I need a break!" with a quick hand off of Carter to me like a baton in a relay race. I don't mind. Not one bit. but sometimes, just sometimes, I, er, have "things" as soon as I waltz thru the door. Now I won't get into the details, but Captain D's fish special for lunch puts certain things into motion by the afternoon. Doesn't matter. nope. Not to Angie. So I gracefully accept the little guy and do what's best for my future.

So there I am, glancing over at the latest issue of MacWorld Magazine thinking how nice it would be to read about the latest technologies and cool apps and software all the while Carter is starving for my atention while we "sit" and wait. I have eanred that once you have children all things you did before are now over. it's tough to even enjoy a good magazine while "sitting". When it is time to finally rise off the throne I had to lay the boy at my feet on the bath mat. He didn't fuss right at first but after a few seconds he mumbled somehting that sounded like "if you don't do something fast I will begin to scream." So there I am with a lengthy piece of toliet in my hand and I "swoosh: it over his face. You would have thought I tickled him. He laughed so hard and cawed and giggled so loud. He loved it! So like a good dad, I did it again. He laughed even harder! So I did it again. And again. We were having so much fun until he decided he would see what it tasted like. It would have been ok but toliet paper disolves so fast! Yup. Sorry mom. You'll prolly find some Charmin in his diaper tomorrow. But it was worth it!

4 Comments:

Blogger torvo said...

Hey, I just stumbled on your blog. Your devotion to your kids is absolutely endearing.

I'm going to bookmark ya.

5:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am pretty sure you were introduced to that game by some VERY SMART woman.......
HAHA

6:22 PM  
Blogger Wall Appeals said...

Angie, I had no idea you like to lay in the bathroom floor while I take a poo and have toliet paper tickle your face. We've been married now for, what, 6 years and I still learn something new about you everyday. I love you!

7:11 PM  
Blogger Goslyn said...

LOL, very funny. We keep a stash of toys in the bathroom for moments like those. Tom crawls right over to them and goes to town.

9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home