Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Ever eaten concrete before?


I bet you have and have just not been aware - until now. I gave Carter his first of many Cheetos last night. Between each bite he grunted and cawed for more whether he had some in his mouth or not and I fed him small chunks at a time. Just the say as every other time daddy feeds his boy, we make a mess. Not a small mess, but a MESS! Normally we just wet a paper towel or use a baby wipe and we clean up fast and quick. But last night, something went wrong, something tragic happened -I realized Carter had eaten orange concrete!

For those of you who are unaware, after a wet, sucked-on Cheeto dries to the face of a 7-month old, it turns into an extremely hard substance much like that of concrete. It reminds me of what plaster does when it dries. Instead of wiping his rosy red cheeks, this time I "peeled" and scratches off the excess chunks of food that didn't make it into Carter's mouth. It didn't really bother him... in fact, I am fairly certain he like the feeling and probably would have eaten the "left overs" if daddy would have let him. Just FYI.

1 Comments:

Blogger Goslyn said...

Wow, cheeto cement. Nasty. Rice cereal has a very similar effect, I've found.

By the way, I think your bean is a boy. But ... I'm not solid on that. Still, getting boy vibes (so sayeth the Great Carnac.)

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home