Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Where does it go?

So I was chillin' over at Goslyn's Blog looking around and she was doing some random thinking about Spring and such and then all of the sudden she locked into a conversation on "time" and how is passes so fast.

I agree. Not long ago I would have disagreed. But now, I agree. I feel like I am missing so much of Carter's life in the 9 hours I am away at work. What I wouldn't do for a camera to run all day so I could just pull it up everytime I get to missing him and watch him sleep or play or babble on with that sweet soft sort of moan sort of caw he does - it is super-cute, really. He does it when he is laying on daddy's chest just moments from dreamland.

It's funny now, ya know, I used to measure time in a different way before me boy came along. Maybe it was Friday to Friday or maybe it was the time between the new Adobe products were released but now time is just unstopable! It just won't quit! That is of course, unless I am at work and all I wanna do is go home and snuggle on the soft, cool leather couch with my wife and my boy and the clock is stuck at 1 p.m. C'mon already!!

It is amazing how fast they learn, too. I was explaining to a buddy the other day about how he now can grab up his "Finger Foods" (little star-shaped sweet potatoe-tasting crumbs that melt near instantly in your mouth) with little or no trouble in just three days. The first day he couldn't grab onto one and get it into his mouth out of a pile of 50 laying on his high chair. Day two was a little better but more ended up in the floor than anywhere else. Day three, well, he is picking them up, one at a time, and placing them into his mouth (along with his fist, of course) and chews 'em up with great ease. That's like saying three days ago there were no modes of transportaiotn and today here is a gas-powered car.

I love my boy. I miss him daily. I wish there was some way I could just capture his youth in a jar and look at it and never forget one single memory. Here's to wishful thinking!

2 Comments:

Blogger Goslyn said...

Oh oh oh! I love it! You actually quoted me!!!

Great post, by the way. You are one special daddy.

6:15 PM  
Blogger Wall Appeals said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home