Thursday, April 27, 2006

The Cracker Caper

It was a dark and stormy night. It seemed as the rain was nearly molesting the ground with a force of vengeance. The moon was full, yellow and bright. There were howls of vicious coyotes in the distance... Okay, so it wasn't exactly like that. It was more like this...

So, those who I am around regularly know that I never take off my sunglasses. Even if they do leave my eyes, they sit nice and quietly around my neck. Always. Look, there is a picture below to show you (plus I can show off those two beauties I'm holding).


Nice ones, huh? Where is this leading you may ask. We'll get there, but first, a little back story. We had a nice get together with a couple friends of ours, Drew & Missy, last night. They have a son, Liam, just 8 weeks younger than Carter. The first part of the evening was spent grillin', drinking a brew and chit-chattin'. The second part was dedicated to stuffing our faces with kielbasa, corn on the cob, cheesy smashed potatoes, ect. And the latter part of the evening was spent engulfed in the movie Æon Flux (in which only Missy and I were able to stay awake for).

While daddy (that's me) was grillin' up some killer sausage, Carter began to moan and grunt. This meant he was hungry. 'Cuz that is the natural way to say, feed me! Not wanting to fully spoil his supper (jars of chicken and apples and Tuti Fruiti Dessert) momma gave him a cracker. Sometime in between the simultaneous events of holding Carter, flipping my sausage (insert incredibly funny joke here), and drinking a cold can of The Beast, Carter eats, or so I thought, his cracker.

Not until this morning was I enlightened as to where, exactly, that cracker went. I scurry out the door, Starbucks in hand, and jump in the truck. I back out of the driveway, pull onto the street, fasten my seat-belt and put on my sunglasses. Guess what? I know where Carter's cracker went. Inside my sunglasses! It was everywhere! There was some on each lens, there were pieces caked inside every crevice. It was hard and crunchy. I had no choice but to scrape off the biggest parts and wear them anyway. Thanks, son. Daddy won't forget that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home