Wednesday, April 05, 2006

The Outcome


Well, I didn't get first or 2nd or 3rd in my fishing tournament last night. Heck, I didn't even get 4th, that is, unless you wanna skew the details a little, I mean, heck, I am a fisherman. We got 5th! But I guess to make it sound better there was a tie for 3rd, so we sort of got 4th, haha! Not too shabby for my first tourney... ever! We only nabbed two, should of had more, but alas, that's what we got. Only 10 pounds, 9 ounces won it and we only had about 4 pounds.

Nevertheless, it was awesome! I had a great time. I can't wait to do it again. I may even submit a story to Crunchable, about it. If I can somehow capture the essence of 30 men sitting in boats, calmly lying to each other about what bait the fish are hitting and where they are hitting it and then all of the sudden time closes in on 6 pm and these gentle fishermen turn into raging monsters with 250 horsepower engines waiting for the atomic clock to strike dead at 6 and blast out of the hole with so much torque it pastes your body against the seat and thrusts cold air through you nose and you can barely swallow. Yeah, maybe I will write about it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home