Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Thin White Line

There's a thin white line that haunts me every night. I go to my room, take off my clothes, lie in bed, look up and there it is staring at me. It sits on my ceiling and smirks at my uncontrollableness to watch it. I can't help it. I close my eyes but I still see it. I've lied awake for hours staring at it when I should have been sleeping. I don't mean to, but it won't let me rest.

This "white line" is Carter's night light that creeps through the ever-so-slightly left open bedroom door of mine. I have to leave it cracked in case of "emergency" - usually meaning he needs his daddy to pick him up and place him in our bed. You can't imagine how many times I've just wanted to turn it off. But instead, I just lay awake and stare at it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home