Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

There are words to express many things in one's life; happy, sad, excited, love, family, trust and so many more. But there are more actions with meanings deeper than words can ever go. Someone taught me that and still teaches me that daily.

My father, one heck of a great man, spends his days, nights and weekends expressing just how great and wonderful he is, never by words, but by his actions every moment of every day. A man who spends his much-needed Saturdays and Sundays cutting up fallen trees (I don't forget much), moving his son's family, fixing broken weed whackers, changing his plans to adjust those doors so they fit just right at the drop of a hat, working until midnight laying vinyl, playing with his grandkids until he has no energy left and so, so very much more.

I don't say it enough ... Hell, I never say it at all - prolly got that from you, though. But thanks, dad. I love you. I appreciate you. And I wanna be just like you some day. 

Happy Father's Day!

One lucky kid,
Jus

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home