Monday, October 20, 2008

Habitat for Hobbits

A favorite pastime for Daddy (that's me) is to make up unbelievable stories about "things" to my kids. It's a lot of fun and I highly recommend it. I love to see their eyes get bigger as the story gets even more farfetched. It's prolly a good brain exercise too.

Now, sometimes they believe that our house is buried upon an ancient magical pirate ship that houses hundreds of dollars of gold (they're kids, hundreds is as good as millions) and sometimes they believe I used to be a lion tamer in Africa for the Tribe of Rabies, and sometimes they just don't believe me when I tell them I turn into a werewolf at the stroke of 8:14 pm on every other Tuesday ... BUT this time, they DID believe the story I told them about the fairies that live under the mushrooms in our backyard.

Carter found a big mushroom, plucked it from the ground and threw it across the yard. So I began telling him a story about the fairies that live there when we go to sleep at night. I had no idea that it would make him feel so bad, he would just have to reconstruct a habitat for Frances and Ariel! I know it's a little hard to see inside the windows, but this luxury condo is complete with beds, blankets, tables, pine cone trees, a swing-set (per Jackson's request) a fence, a sidewalk a mushroom door and flowers. It is just what Frances always wanted.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home