Monday, October 31, 2005

Happy Halloween!

Ah, the nostalgia of childhood lurks inside of me during the Holidays. Doesn't it for you? From right about now until the New Year, a smile from my face is a much easier obstacle to overcome. Smells of wet plastic and the taste of salt bring me back to 'the good ole days'. Actually that was the sweat dripping from my head into my Halloween mask and running into my mouth. What I would give to return to those times. Our biggest problems lied somewhere between who got the most candy and where I laid down my ninja sword to never be found again.

I remember in middle school (junior high for those not from around here) I was the most popular dressed "halloweener" . My father had lent me the clothes from his "I might wear that again collection". I had the biggest afro in town, the coolest flowered shirt ever made, the most pimpn'est sun glasses around, the largest bell bottoms you had ever seen and the coolest name ever given - Moondoggie! All the kids adored me that Halloween. One of my fondest memories….

So yesterday some friends came along bearing gifts - 3 big pumpkins! We made a night of carving templates into Jack O' Lanterns while 'Big Trouble in Little China' played in the background. I chose a scary mummy, my wife did the Martha Stewart 'pumpkin nose' on a pumkin-mini, my buddy Drew, well, he ended up hacking away at his, and his wife made a cool Trick or Treat pumpkin. It was a great night.

Here we are whacking away:


The finished products:



The week before with just the family:




Happy Halloween!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home